What Can I Do To Help My Heart?
Your heart is tucked away safe and sound behind your breastbone and sits at the centre of your circulatory system. Special cells called pacemaker cells are responsible for ensuring blood pumps throughout your body day and night, 24/7delivering nutrients and oxygen around your body while picking up unwanted waste for delivery and disposal by other organs. Your muscles also help to keep blood moving well - as your muscles contract and expand, their movement massages your arteries and veins promoting circulation.
If your lifestyle is sedentary and you’re not making good use of your muscles, or these arteries and veins are blocked, clogged, leaking or weak, it can cause problems for your heart and circulation. You might notice things like cold hands and feet, cooler body temperature, and less energy - your blood carries oxygen and nutrients to every cell and without this they can’t ‘breath‘ or produce energy as well as you need.
How can you support healthy heart function?
You can help your heart and its support network system (aka cardiovascular system) with some really simple choices.
Try some of these tips to support your heart health:
- Exercise - your heart is a type of muscle, so it’s really helpful to get regular exercise to keep your heart as fit and strong as the rest of your muscles. Easy to moderate exercise can be sufficient.
- Keep moving - so your blood can circulate well. Take mini movement breaks if you sit for long periods of time.
- Choose happiness - a happy sense of emotional wellbeing and vitality has a very positive impact on your heart. Choose people and things that make you happy and let go of the things that don’t.
- Kick stress to the curb - find a practice to break your ties to stress, and go easy on your heart
- Get good sleep - and settle for nothing less. Sleep deprivation affects your nervous system which affects your heart
- Stop smoking – trust me, you’ll feel a lot less stressed in the end! You’ll have more cash in your pocket and you’ll reduce your risk of heart disease which is high for smokers.
- Stay hydrated every day – water contributes to blood volume and good blood flow.
- Eat the rainbow - to combat free radical damage to your cells, eat all the colours of antioxidant rich foods from the plant kingdom. Fresh and raw is best.
- Avoid eating bad fats (aka damaged, synthetic, or trans fats) and refined sugars - you’ll find these in processed and fast foods.
- Supplement - with natural ingredients that promote healthy circulation and blood flow, and provide antioxidants to protect against free radicals.
A supplement can be a great, easy way to support both your general health and target specific needs, especially when life gets in the way of maintaining your other wellness practices!
That's why we've created our Daily Support Pack for Heart Health, to provide you with the extra help you need.
How does it work?
The Heart Health Daily Support Pack combines two incredible supplements: Astazan, to protect cells from free radical damage; and Circulate, to support overall heart health and circulation
Astazan Antioxidant: Sustainably sourced from red algae, Astazan is a natural source of the powerful antioxidant Astaxanthin, to protect cells from free radical damage, and support joint and muscle recovery, in addition to many other benefits for overall well being.
Circulate 5 Herbs: This unique combination of the warming herbs Ginger, Cayenne, Hawthorn, Garlic and Gingko supports peripheral circulation to cold hands and feet, healthy function of the heart and arteries, alertness and mental focus, and healthy blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
The best part? You save $20.80 on these two great supplements by getting them in our Daily Support Pack for Heart Health.
It is recommended that you consult with your practitioner if you are you are taking medication, including blood thinners, for heart health, or being treated or monitored for any heart or cardiovascular related health issues before taking these or any other supplements.