Tropical Energy Booster Smoothie
This recipe is super easy to make with everyday ingredients you can keep in the freezer and it packs loads of energy power with its powerful superfood ingredient - Spirulina. Make it extra special with chia or hemp seeds and you can sweeten it with vanilla or maple syrup if you need. It's great for breakfast, snack or anytime you need an energy boost.
• large frozen banana - peeled, cut in chunks, and frozen the day before
• ½ cup frozen mango - or frozen pineapple
• ½ ripe avocado - cored
• ½ cup baby spinach – or kale
• 1 - 1 ¼ cup almond milk - or plant-based milk of choice
• 1 teaspoon Lifestream Spirulina Bioactive Powder
• 1 tablespoon hemp seeds - or chia seeds
• 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup - or a pinch of stevia powder
• ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
In a high-speed blender, add all the ingredients in the order listed above, starting with 1 cup of almond milk (or plant-based milk of choice).
Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy. If it's difficult to blend, add more milk, up to 1/2 cup extra.
Taste and adjust, adding more sweetener for a sweeter smoothie or a few ice cubes for a frothier texture. Blend again to combine after each addition and serve immediately.