4 Wholefood Treats You NEED to Try!
These yummy wholefood treats are a great way to satisfy the sweet tooth without spiking the blood sugar. Make these ahead for an easy snack that’s packed with nutrients, and swap in your favourite Lifestream supplements to tailor them to your nutritional needs!
Easy Vegan Strawberry Icecream for 4
- 3 bananas peeled, chopped, and frozen
- 450g frozen strawberries
- 2/3 cup raw cashews soaked for several hours
- 4 pitted medjool dates (optional)
- 4 tsp (12g) Lifestream Super Berries
- 1 cup non-dairy milk unsweetened
Blend everything in a high-powered blender, stopping frequently to scrape down the sides. Add more milk if it won’t blend.
Serve immediately or freeze for up to 3 months. Let it defrost a little for maximum creaminess
Top with nuts and sliced fruit, if you like.
Want a different flavour? Try substituting strawberries for your favourite frozen fruit, and swap Super Berries for the more neutral flavoured Gut Protect, tropical flavour Gut Soothe, or a one of the Greens blends! Just add a touch more milk (or even Aloe Vera Tonic) to balance them out.
Wholefood Snickers Bites
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup cashews - dry roasted, crushed
- 1/2 cup crushed peanuts
- 100 grams 80% dark chocolate, melted
Place everything but the chocolate in a bowl and mix to combine. Spoon the mixture into a mini silicone muffin tray or paper liners, and top each one with a teaspoon of the melted chocolate. Place in the freezer to set. Store and eat from either the fridge or freezer.
You can also top the snickers with a homemade chocolate option by mixing 2 tbsp liquid coconut oil, 4 tbsp cocoa powder and 2tbsp maple syrup
Chocolate Chia Pudding for 4
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 4 heaped teaspoons of Lifestream Flax Super Blend
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or more if you'd like it sweeter)
- 80mL Lifestream Aloe Vera Tonic
- 400mL non-dairy milk unsweetened
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- A handful of fresh or frozen fruit
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
In a medium-sized bowl, blend the cocoa powder, Flax Super Blend, vanilla extract, and maple syrup with Aloe Tonic until you get a paste. Then add the milk and stir to combine. Taste and add more sweetener if desired.
Add the chia seeds and stir. Refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight until the chia seeds swell, stirring once in a while to blend.
Serve in individual dishes and top with fruits and a few slivered almonds or nuts and seeds of your choice. Can be kept in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Lemon and Apricot Balls
- 5 cups organic desiccated coconut (plus a little more for rolling)
- 5-6 soft dried apricots (preferably sulphite free)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Juice & Zest from 1 lemon
Put everything in a blender and blend on medium speed about 30 sec. Scrape down sides, blend again. Shape the mix into small balls and roll in extra coconut. Set in the fridge for 30 mins.
Give these a yummy berry flavour with a couple teaspoons of Super Berries, a subtle vanilla with Gut Protect, tropical flavour with Gut Soothe, or boost the tart flavour with Vitamin C Acerola. You could also try Flax Super Blend, any of the Greens Blends, or Spirulina! You’ll need a little extra liquid when adding powder supplements, so add a dash more milk, syrup, lemon juice or oil until the balls hold their shape, or try a tablespoon of Aloe Vera Tonic!