- 1⁄2 head of green cabbage
- 1 large carrot
- 2 teaspoons of Himalayan salt
- 1 rounded teaspoon Lifestream Spirulina Balance for everyday support or Lifestream Spirulina Organic Boost for a serve of certified organic spirulina
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- Remove outer leaves and core of the cabbage.
- Finely chop cabbage and carrot using a food processor or by hand.
- Add the salt, coriander, celery seeds and Lifestream Spirulina Balance or Boost to the chopped vegetables and toss to combine evenly.
- Massage the mixture in the bowl with your hands for a few minutes, pressing down as you go.
- Pack vegetables into a jar with a clamp down lid or into a canning jar.
- Cover with filtered water.
- Leave 2 to 3 inches for the Spira-kraut to expand.
- Set in a cool place, out of sunlight for 6 days.
- Check the vegetables every day to make sure they are fully submerged in the water. If they have risen above the water, simply push them down so they are fully covered by the water. If any white spots formed because the veggies rose above the water, just scoop out the vegetables that have the white spots on them and push the rest back under the water.
- After 6 days place in the refrigerator. The Spira-kraut will last at least 9 months or longer in your fridge.
Gluten free, dairy free, vegan/vegetarian
Lifestream Spira-kraut is an easy way to get some prebiotics into your day and help support a healthy gut for immunity and more.