Coconut Dusted and Ginger Banana Bread
PREP TIME: 5-10 minutes
A delicious twist on the best banana bread, dusted with a sweet coconut flake topping and ginger syrup to add an extra yummy touch to the fave banana bread experience.
See the included alternative ingredients for vegan option.
2 cups of GF flour or all purpose flour
1/2 tsp Salt (Himalayan or sea salt)
2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 cups Shredded coconut ( set aside extra for dusting on top, about a tbsp)
1/2 cup Coconut oil, will need to be liquid so gently melted (or olive oil)
3/4 cup Date puree or maple syrup
100g Sultanas (optional)
2 Eggs (or 1/4 cup apple sauce per egg as a vegan option.)
1 tsp Vanilla (pure extract)
3 Over-ripe bananas ( plus 1 small banana for loaf topping.)
Lifestream Ginger and Honey Syrup
1. Preheat oven to 180C, grease and line a suitable loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, baking soda and coconut flakes combining well in a bowl.
3. Then mixing all the other ingredients in a bowl, bananas, date or maple syrup, vanilla and oil, once all mixed slowly start adding in the dry mixed ingredients into the same bowl, mixing as you go until all combined.
4. Once all mixed together, gently pour into your loaf tin, also adding the thinly sliced banana for the loaf topping.
5. Once in prepared loaf tin, put in the oven for 50 minutes, keep an eye on it as time may vary slightly depending on oven and the type of flour used within the recipe. It will be ready when skewer comes out clean.
5. Serve with a dusting of your left-over shredded coconut with a dollop of coconut yoghurt or greek yoghurt with a dash of Lifestream honey and ginger syrup over top if so desired for extra touch of sweetness.